Many companies have started using public cloud to host non-critical applications and for storage. Some have gone further, moving significant parts of more critical applications to the cloud. Implementing a disaster recovery plan is an important aspect of mainframe. In this article, I will first explain how we implement cloud solutions for our clients, then highlight the factors that determine the best disaster recovery solution for your business.
Calance went with market-leader AWS in order to achieve the following improvements in DR services:
- Reduce up to 85% in infrastructure CapEx.
- Reduce ongoing maintenance cost.
- Achieve higher Recovery Point Objective and Recovery Time Objectives.
- No dependency on any OEMs hardware.
- Storage replication using an enterprise-grade Internet link.